Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I'm still around

To amuse myself over the summer I have started taking commissions and half the proceeds benefit the Mt. Pleasant Animal Shelter. My first donation is finally finished.

I'd like everyone to meet Camelot. She is an adorable year old Pit Bull Terrier Mix. Cammie has been at the shelter for awhile and has touched all the hearts she licks. Here is the beauty queen in her 'artistic debute'.
Medium: Scratchboard with water color wash


I recently purchased new tools specifically for use on scratchboard and Camelot's picture was perfect for trying out these new tools. I found a lot of interesting and new techniques that I can now use in the future. As much as I liked how Camelot came out this was a good learning experience as she was my first attempt at working with a dog with really short fur and getting the fur rendering accurate.

No comments: