Wednesday, September 19, 2007

New with a picture and intro hello


Hi everyone, my name is Jessica and I'm new to Area 221 and NJCU. I recently graduated from County College of Morris with an AFA. I was introduced to Professor Dittrich when I was looking for a 4 year that had a great illustration/art department and I more than found it. I'm going for my BFA in illustration.

I'm still in the unsure stages of 'what I want to do when I grow up' but I love to draw and experiment with different mediums. My favorite subjects are animals and I tend to draw traditionally [graphite, colored pencil, scratchboard, watercolor, paint, ect.]. I have very little experience in graphic design but I am looking forward to taking classes later in the year and learning. I have nothing really worth posting that is very recent because classes just started.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling. Thank you for inviting me to the blog. Everyone's work is amazing, I look forward to getting to know everyone, share work, and critics. PS, this is my favorite drawing from a few years ago. It's on scratchboard with a water color wash. Sorry for the semi-bad quality [No scanner at home, only digital camera]. I have more of my work posted on a deviant account [Farawaywithin].

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Welcome Jess! (if you mind being called Jess D:)

Oh about the ' what to do when you grow up' thing, s'all good. No one knows until later when they dabble in school (isn't that what college is here for?)but yeaa...

That was scratchboard? that's crazy...! well crazy in a good way.

Can't wait to see more of your artwork.

N/A said...

sup jess, welcome to the blog

Unknown said...

welcome aboard, jessica!

Anonymous said...

hey~! lookin forward to seein your stuff, although i might start hatin on you, in a good way of course =)

Claudia said...

welcome, jess! can't wait to see more of your posts... nice work!