Thursday, March 24, 2011

Back to Business

I've given up on the Daily Challenges, as you can see. The main goal for it was to get some consistent activity on Area 221. Recently, it's just me and James Zapata keeping the blog alive.
I'm primarily giving up the Daily Challenges (for now) because I have a lot of work to do for my BFA exhibition, and I can't keep myself occupied with recreational activity.

It's time to get back to work.


A couple of months ago, I physically made Caution. I got the mask. I got the tape (which I've had for five years now). I put it together.

I have to say, taking an hour of reference photos rejuvenated me to get my show done.


From here to May 2nd (though I'll be finished with the show a lot sooner), it'll be Caution 24/7.

Updates on Area 221 and nar/esp if you're interested.

----

3 comments:

Ray Greaves said...

Well...I check too but hey, you can't force these things. Either people post or they don't. Thus is life.

Good luck on your show also.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Nico the blog will return to its former glory. Never give up!!! Get your work done and Leave it to me. I've been away from the helm (I reached a level of non-productivity that can probably never be matched) but I still remember how to drive this ship. Don't forget the Birthday Of Area221 will be here soon and with that comes our biggest challenge "Sketch A Day in May". I know there was a lot of weight on you but get your work done and I'll try to rouse the recruits and get things moving again.

Narciso said...

@Ray: I know I can't force anyone to do this, and I know people are busy. I was just concerned over the state of the blog, because this blog made me feel like I belonged somewhere, when I felt so isolated in the VAB. Ask anyone, and they'll tell you that I was the quietest person when I got to NJCU. I also just went to class and left for home. I have a sense of community when it comes to Area 221, and to see it become a ghost town makes me sad.

Illustration is a very lonely career. You stay at home and you draw all day. In most cases, by yourself. It's important to know that there are others doing the same thing you are.

And, thanks for the luck. I'm gonna be needing it.

@Area221 (Anthony?): I won't give up on the blog. I just needed to shift my priorities. I can't wait for SADIM 2011! (At least, then I'll be done with my show.)